i thought i would share a salad i just came up with for my lunch today. it’s quite delicious, and i am enjoying it while i type this!!
the measurements for this recipe serve 1
• 1 sm. romaine heart
• 5-6 fresh basil leaves
• 10-12 half slices of cucumber
• 1/2 a fresh pear, thinly sliced*
• 4 oz. sliced left over roast chicken breast
• sm. handful dried cranberries
• crumbled creamy gorgonzola cheese, to taste
• homemade balsamic dressing
• 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
• splash lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
• sm. drizzle of honey
• pinch of dried parsley
• 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
(whisk ingredients to combine)
rinse and chop the lettuce, place on dish and allow to air dry. tear the basil into small pieces and scatter over the lettuce. peel and chop the cucumber, chop the pear* and cranberries, and slice the chicken, set side. drizzle the dressing over the lettuce and basil. place the cucumber, pear, and chicken on top of the dressed lettuce. scatter the cranberries, and crumble the gorgonzola cheese on top. enjoy!
this is a meal sized salad, however if you forgo the chicken it would serve 2-3 as a side salad.
*if pear is not a preferred fruit, apples may serve as a substitute